Monday, July 18, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance

So I failed to mention in my previous post, a VERY important event that I was privileged to witness. On the way to Tennessee, we took a detour down to Florida to see my brother Tyler graduate from High School.
Tyler, pictured below, is a goof ball to the extreme. He has ADHD and I LOVE IT! That kid is constantly cracking me up and has the most random sense of humor. I didn't have the opportunity to grow up around Tyler (we have different dads). The only time I got to see him was on the once a year trip to my Mom's house for a visit. So it is only natural that his growing-up seemed impossible to me. Earlier this year I found myself thinking "Whoa, Tyler is graduating! He is too young to go to college. He isn't ready to take on the world! My little brother can't handle being a grown-up!" Then I snapped to reality. He is 18. He is no longer my "little" brother, but a man. He will always be the goofy, crazy, nerd that I love. I am so proud of him for graduating and starting his "real" life now. His grown-up life...because sadly, that's what he is now, a grown-up. Right?



No comments:

Post a Comment