Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Past Few Weeks

So, I've been sick. Not sniffles and mild cough. I'm talking, hacking, fever, headache, vomiting, you name it. I thought my amazing immune system could fight off the sickness, however, it proved to be less than worthy. $180 dollars later and a large regimen of pills later, I feel somewhat normal again. I'd say I am running at about 92% now as opposed to 11%. What better way to celebrate than blogging?
Ok, here we go. So the last few weeks have gone by like a blur. Valentines day was CRAZY hectic. I had to deliver about 14+ bouquets of Cake Pops AND help with Hannah's school party AND you know, still do all of my normal everyday mom stuff. Needless to say, I was spread a little thin. I shouldn't complain tho, I do it to myself. Anyways, Oh, Nashville was great. I had such a good time with Cole! We saw the sights, ate tasty food, and enjoyed one another's company. It was a great way to spend our 6th anniversary. I miss him so much!
In little people news: Hannah has decided to do Stars of Tomorrow. In case you are unaware of what this is, it is a local talent competition put on by the Kiwanis Club. If you win the upper division classes you move on to regionals, state, etc. I competed when I was 15 and totally won. Clap clap for me! Ok, enough of that... Hannah will be competing in the K-2 division where everyone wins and gets a little medal and certificate. She is going to be singing a song of her choice which happens to be....wait for it....Landslide. You know, "I took my love and I took it down, climbed a mountain and I turned around..." This pick was all on her own and I fully support it. I will try and post a video of her practicing.
It has been so strange not having Hannah around all day this year. However, I do get to hang out with Lucas and Lilli so I am not too bored :) Lilli has completed potty training! What a freakin relief! She was actually the easiest to train. She's to the point now where accidents are minimal and she tells me when she has to go. I wouldn't say she's 100% ready to turn lose on the world, but each day gets better and drier haha. Oh another thing, she has a new favorite toy: a cell phone. Imagine that. It is a cheesy little princess phone that makes noise, but she pretends it is real. She will hold it up and say "say cheese! Awe, looks so cute. I'm going to send it to daddy." I think maybe I take too many cell phone pictures??



Lucas is pretty much the same. He is 100% boy and 100% wild. I think that taking care of him should count for any exercise I might need. I also think he is sustaining the Crystal Light company with his daily beverage intake. That kid will never have a problem with dehydration, thats for sure.
Today, he said "Mom, can I have a treat." This can mean ANY food product so I said "Well, go pick something out and I will tell you if you can have it." He came back in the room and said, "I made myself a special treat mom!" Nervously, I looked in the bowl he was holding and found peeled segments of a clementine orange and grapes. "See mom, I made a delicious fruit salad!" I am so happy my son considers fruit to be a delicious treat. Now if I could only get him to eat his dinner....

4 comments:

  1. haha!! LOVE your kids :) We need to make a special trip over there to all ya'all! Way to go Lilli!! So excited to hear Hannah! Let us know when it is and we will surely come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Lilli!!! Lucas is so flippin cute I can't stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LG's hair in his pic with the fruit salad, LOVE that he made a delicious fruit salad, LOVE and MISS you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Love you guys! Miss you guys good thing the internet keeps us connected! Yay Lilli!!! Tell Hannah to "break a leg" and Give LG big high five for being awesome and healthy!

    ReplyDelete