Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nothing better to do...

So, here is sit, in the Charolotte, NC airport. Almost 24 hours past when I was supposed to land in Nashville. It is 4:58 am, Wyoming time. I have been awake since 3 am yesterday. Granted, I took the occasional uncomfortable snooze whilst in the air, but I am very very tired. So why not update my blog?!
So here are some things that are happening in Asay town. Or as I like to call it, AWESOME town. Sorry, cheesy tired joke. You know, because I am tired...anyways.
Things in Powell are going pretty good. It is freezing cold there, actually colder than freezing. I am reminded once again, I hate winter. With a passion.
Lilli has shown interest in going potty so I'm rolling with it. She has the #2 business down pat. When I get back from my trip to TN (if I ever get there), I am going to be hard core and get it done. High-five for no more diapers! Side note, she thinks that toilet time is also a time to take in a good book.

Lucas is doing well in preschool. Lucas is, well, Lucas. He gets annoyed with all of the pictures I take of them (the kids) unless I'm taking a picture of Lilli. Then it's, "Hey mom, take my picture! [click] I wanna see it!"
Hannah is a kindergarten star. Or at least I think she is. They recently celebrated the 100th day of school and she had to dress like a superhero. She chose to be "Teddy Bear Girl". She had the power of flight and her teddy bear had laser eyes. So watch out Powell, there is a 5 year old girl saving lives with her bear! She needed a haircut very badly, so I made her an appointment at the salon. She insisted on keeping it long, so we added layers. Isn't she so cute?!

Soooooo. I miss my husband. That is the whole point of going on this trip. It is going to be our 6th anniversary on Friday. Guess what? We still LIKE each other! I mean we love one another too, like, a lot okay. I think it is equally important that you like your spouse as well. This is a pic I sent him, one late night at the Cody Wal-Mart:
I have been keeping myself very busy lately. I have school work, kids, chores, errands, AND cakes. Whew. The good news is, I just took my midterms so I'm halfway thru my Economics class. This is GOOD news people. I am not a fan. However, I am enjoying the ease of my Graphics class. They wouldn't accept the credit from one of my NWC classes, so I am in a somewhat beginner class. Needless to say, my work is a little (Okay a lot) more advanced than that of my peers. This is my favorite project so far:
Sweet Ace Cakes has been BUSY! This past week, I made 3 birthday cakes for people. I have been experimenting with some other design methods to expand my portfolio. Still, no fondant. I cant convince people to order it, so I am still lacking in that department.
This was a cake for my brother's girlfriend's mom. She is a girly girl to the max, can you tell? I am pretty happy with how the roses turned out. Oh yeah, those are hand made. WHAAAAT?!
I also made a cake for my sister-in-law Mandie. Her favorite colors are green and yellow. This was my interpretation of her and her personality. She loved the cake. OOH, side note, the cake was sugar free almond cream. My first time doing a SF cake. It was DELICIOUS! I am in love with Splenda. Seriously. L-O-V-E.
I also introduced a new product...CAKE POPS! These things are exploding in the cake world. (Yes, there is a world of cake. Shut up) If you don't know what these are, it is basically cake and frosting, rolled into a ball, and dipped in chocolate, then decorated. Are you saying "Mmmmmmmmmmm!" ? Well you should be, because they are freaking delicious.
I made 50 Red Velvet and 50 German Chocolate for the local coffee house, Parlor News. They had them for their "Tunes on Tuesday" open mic night event. I also made 50 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup for Hannah's class. Yeah, I am a pretty cool mom. What can I say.
Business plug time. I am selling bouquets for Valentines day. Interested? Contact me at: sweetacecakes@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Lilli on the poopin :) Hope you have made it to your destination by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guitar graphic design is awesome Hoop!

    ReplyDelete