Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Denver, Sewing, and Night Life

So, sorry about the long break from Blogg-age. I have been busy finishing unpacking. I figure there is no longer an excuse and I just need to quit being lazy about it. 
Anyways, last weekend we took an overnight trip to Denver. It is only 2 hours away so, not too far of a trip. Cole, Glen, and Megan went to the Black Crowes concert at the Fillmore, so me and the kids had a night-in in the hotel room. We were starving by the time we got there so I decided we needed to order some room service. Now, I was super excited because this was in fact, my first experience with room service. I got the kids a pizza and ordered myself some fabulous sounding pasta... Well the kids' pizza was AMAZING! My food was lacking salt and tasted pretty bland.


BUT to compensate for the lack of flavor, the hotel kitchen included a mini bottle of Tabasco. 

It was a pretty good evening all in all. The concert was good according to Cole, and they got me a T-Shirt (not that it made us even). So, I need to find myself a concert to go to and it's Cole's turn to watch the kids, any suggestions
We got up the next morning and chilled while everyone got ready. We then treated ourselves to an amazing breakfast at IHOP. Might I recommend the Gingerbread Holiday Hotcakes...


So when we got home from Denver, Cole and I had a reception to go to for his preceptor at work. It was a small, very personal event, so we had Ayz come over and watch ALL 3 kids! It was nice to be an adult for a few hours, and not just someone's mom. 



Oh yeah, so in the downstairs living room there are 4 windows that look right out into the front yard. They are ground level so you can see right into the play room. This has been a problem, especially at night when the inside lights are on. We don't want any creepers looking in on our kids. The solution? Discount fabric from Wal~Mart, and me using my limited sewing skills. I specialize in two things when sewing, pillow cases and baby blankets. Curtains are pretty much a combination of the two. Hannah helped me out by handing me pins and putting the used ones back in the tomato cushion. 

As you can see, I am getting very bored with making the curtains. But the turned out great and you can no longer see in, or out, of the downstairs windows!



Okay, I read the Twilight books just like every other woman in the world, and yes, I loved them. However, I hated the first movie. I thought it was a combination of cheesy effects, added dialogue, and poor acting. So when New Moon came out I had mixed feelings. I had the highest hopes that it would be so much better than the first. Ayz got us some tickets for opening night so I put the kids to bed when Cole got home and we went to the 9:45 show. Let me just say it was everything I wanted it to be. So much better than the first. It just goes to show what popularity and a couple more millions of dollars will do for a franchise. 
Ayz and I tried to take a pic while she was stopped at a stop sign...she didn't get the memo...


There, thats much better!





No comments:

Post a Comment