Thursday, November 12, 2009

Letters and Sleeping All Night

So Hannah has been working on writing her letters at school. She made what they call a 'bag book' and wrote words on papers and put them in bags. The words she chose are all of our names in the family. Here is how she wrote Lucas' name:

I have been wanting Lillian to sleep thru the night for a while now, and I think she is more than ready. She eats real food and nurses before bed, SO when she wakes up at night it is more habit than anything else. For a while I was just getting up and giving her the pacifier and she would go back to sleep. Well, I am tired of getting up. Cole and I decided it was time for her to cry it out...
It was very hard for me last night to lie in my bed and listen to her scream. It was about 30 min and she eventually settled down. I thought it wouldn't be too bad if she only did that once a night for the next week. Boy was I wrong. At some point she woke up again and cried for what felt like forever. Cole had to literally put his arm on my chest to keep me from getting up. UGH. So I am hoping she only cries for the next few nights and then gets the point. I am not sure what I will do with a full nights sleep.




1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! It's so hard to do but SO worth it :) I think if definitely teaches them how to be good sleepers, and gives them a little independance! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete