Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Glasses, Ponytails, and Rock Stars

Today was the first day in a long time I felt normal! I woke up with no headache and felt decent most of the day. Cole had day 2 of his Orientation at work and surprised us by coming home at 3:00! It was so nice to have some time with him. 
Lucas has a well known fascination with swords. All types, all shapes, and all sizes. He finds it to be a personal threat if you touch any of his swords, especially without asking. Anyways, today I asked him to please pick his swords up and walked into the kitchen. As I was doing the dishes I could hear all sorts of sound effects coming from the living room. I walked in to find him having a battle with an imaginary foe. I didn't even get mad, I just went and got the camera

Something big happened today for our little Hannah; she got glasses! The eye doc says she is almost as far sighted as Lucas, she just doesn't have the eye turning problem he does. Who knew! Apparently I can make cute children, they are just blind as bats. She got to pick out her own glasses, and picked a purple pair made by PEZ (yes, the candy). She looks like a smart little librarian. Once on, she said everything is bigger. She also has a little issue with depth perception. I am going to have to help her on the stairs for the next few days. Here are her before and after pics at the eye doctor:


Today I tried something new with Lillian...a ponytail. She surprisingly held very still. I couldn't do this to Hannah til she was about a year old. I am glad Lillian has a little more hair...even if she looks like bam bam...



Lucas was so excited to have his sister wearing glasses just like him.





Lillian is really pushing herself up. I think crawling is in her near future. She spins around when on her tummy, so it's only a few weeks before she is moving forward.





Cole went out to the garage this evening to do a little Rockin'...Lucas decided to join in on the fun
                                                

1 comment:

  1. Even if they are blind as bats, your kids are still adorable! I love Lucas jammin with his daddy!

    ReplyDelete